SouthRoads and the HWR Group believe in empowering our staff to take responsibility; ‘treat the company as if it’s your own’ is something our people hear often. We’re doers. While marketing has its place, we believe in being proactive, and getting out there to make things happen. We’re fortunate that our staff gain the experience and skills they need to know what they’re talking about and have the track record to prove it. This allows them to have the tools and freedom to make decisions at the ‘coal face’. This means SouthRoads can quickly react to changing customer needs and market conditions.
There’s a career pathway for you at SouthRoads
We make a point of developing our own talent and promoting from within wherever we can. No matter where you start within the business, there will be a pathway for you. We have a diverse range of operations that allow for career progression to occur within our specific business division or across the HWR Group. We are committed to fostering and providing opportunities for our people to advance their careers while remaining with us.
SouthRoads train and develop staff
SouthRoads, as part of the HWR Group, is committed to providing opportunities for our people to advance their careers while remaining in the business. There are many qualifications that can be obtained while working within SouthRoads. One of the ways we help develop and empower our staff to be the best they can be is through assisting staff who are interested in developing their careers through further education.
SouthRoads Equity and Diversity
SouthRoads is committed to principles of equity and diversity. These principles are integral to our:
- Vision - to be the Employer of Choice
- Values - Family Values, Celebrate Success, High Morale
- Pillars - Quality, Safety, People
Specifically, we aim to:
- Encourage diversity in our team, in terms of gender, race, sexuality, disability, age, socio-economic status and culture
- Ensure equitable treatment for all our team
- Ensure that all our team feel included in activities at SouthRoads
- Take positive action to address inequity and exclusion both within the SouthRoads and the broader community
- Lead by example