SouthRoads work with experienced project managers, and local crews to offer our clients competitive pricing, allowing us to successfully complete siteworks and subdivisions throughout Otago and Southland. We strive to meet budgets and deadlines while providing quality solutions. We are experienced in compliance with permit regulations and environmental guidelines. To find out more and see some of our recent commercial siteworks and residential subdivision projects, view SouthRoads Projects.
Commercial siteworks and residential subdivisions
The SouthRoads team have completed siteworks associated with some of the regions newest developments. Our team have completed residential and commercial subdivision site developments and are available to offer the complete project management service on all construction works. We offer a full project management solution, allowing you to have one point of contact throughout the process, giving you quality solution and peace of mind.
- Commercial site development – including malls and big-box retailers, land clearing, reinforcing and more
- Design and turnkey projects – parks, walking trails, athletic fields, recreation facilities, nature reserves, commercial retailers, schools, large commercial schools, shopping centres, residential subdivisions, SouthRoads offer solutions
- Earthworks and bulk excavation – excavating and backfilling, levelling sites, and more
- Retaining walls and erosion control – designed to suit your specifications and the environment
- Utilities – earthworks, installation, and relocation of communications and electrical lines, water, and sanitary lines
- Finishing touches – final grading, topsoil placement, largescale seeding, installation of fencing and landscaping, green areas, playgrounds, and parks
With years of experience in civil roading, SouthRoads have the knowledge to see your roading project through to completion, on time and to budget. We have a wealth of knowledge in road user safety, materials, drainage solutions, and working with the local conditions to create roading that will stand the test of time for your project.
SouthRoads pavement construction operation is one of the largest teams in Southland and Otago. We operate dedicated construction crews and regularly complete projects throughout the regions.
- Access roading for mineral exploration - blasting and onsite processing of excavated materials, cartage
- Roading - Pavement construction, car parks, driveways, access roadways, road realignment, parking areas, traffic islands, and pavements
- Drainage and stormwater drainage – specialised to the site
Bridging and Building
SouthRoads has an experienced civil and structural team that provides a complete design-build capability for clients. This team is specialised in the construction and maintenance of bridges, underpasses, effluent ponds and culverts throughout the lower South Island. From this experience, SouthRoads has expanded into the construction of turnkey and design-build projects which we design to client requirements while working closely y with Regional Councils and controlling authorities.
- Consent requirements – SouthRoads are very familiar with consent requirements from years in civil bridging and building. Our team are locals, with local knowledge
- Culverts – farm to highway use, from multi culvert pipes up to 3000 dia to box culverts up to 6.0m wide x 4m high – length to suit and with timber and concrete headwalls, full highway specification road capacity
- Bridges – dairy lanes, forestry, farm roading and highways from 2m to 80m long of any weight capacity
SouthRoads has a long history of road maintenance in Southland and Otago. At the peak of operation, we maintained in excess of 9000 km of sealed and unsealed roads, over 900 bridges and major culverts and 29 township urban areas. Maintenance contracts were through a combination of District Council and NZTA. Our operation now includes commercial site pavement and grounds maintenance. Let us help you maintain your commercial site, roads and lanes.
- Ongoing maintenance – sump cleaning, pavement sweeping, maintenance and minor repairs
- Commercial premises, driveways, lanes and more
- Grading of car parks
SouthRoads source and supply aggregates for commercial and residential construction SouthRoads can source, supply and cart aggregates specifically for the use in commercial developments or residential subdivisions. We have over 130 sites throughout the South Island, so can source a wide range of aggregates suitable for a range of situations, be it pathways, garden areas, for use on roads, driveways and more.
With our fleet of specialist bottom dump trucks, specifically designed for spreading aggregate we can meet your needs. We also have a fleet of 6 x 4 tip trucks and tipping trailer for bulk supply of aggregate to your project site and construction as required. This makes SouthRoads an ideal choice when it comes to residential and commercial subdivisions.
Contact your local SouthRoads office today to see how we can help with your commercial venture or residential subdivision.