SouthRoads has local knowledge and experience in rural roading, bridge construction and building, earthworks, drainage, and aggregates across Otago and Southland. We utilise local resources and work with industry best practice to deliver your project. Talk to us today.
SouthRoads understand South Island roading conditions. With almost thirty years’ experience in Otago and Southland roading maintenance works, SouthRoads have maintained in excess of 9000km of sealed and unsealed roads, over 900 bridges and major culverts across the South Island. We know rural roads.
- Surfacing options – asphalt, chip seal, gravel, and concrete.
- Dairy lane construction – For dairy lanes, we can use rotten rock, volcanic rock, limestone or crusher dust, we can discuss your needs and source a solution.
- Forestry and farm - construction and maintenance
- Driveways – asphalt, chip seal, gravel, and concrete. Contact us to discuss your budget, timing and design options.
- Road repairs and maintenance - grading on farm lanes, filling of potholes, pavement repairs and maintenance, alligator cracking repairs, rut filling, edge break repairs, uneven bridge joints, and trench reinstatements. including bridge and culvert maintenance
SouthRoads have been extensively involved for many years in the construction of bridges, underpasses, and culverts. We have dedicated construction crews who regularly complete works throughout the Southland and Otago region. All building and resource consent requirements for each project will be delivered including accounting for environmental conditions.
- Stock underpasses – sheep, cattle, deer, dairy farm pedestrian and vehicle from 2 x 2 m to 6 x 4m in sections of any length to highway standard
- Culverts – dairy farm and stock culverts, from multi culvert pipes up to 3000 dia to box culverts up to 6.0m wide x 4m high – length to suit and with timber and concrete headwalls, full highway specification road capacity.
- Bridges – dairy lanes, forestry, farm roading and highways from 2m to 80m long of any weight capacity.
SouthRoads has an experienced structural team that provides a complete design-build capability for clients. We offer turnkey solutions that meet all building and resource consent requirements. We take into account the environmental and regional council specifications. Our design-build solutions offer complete project management, striving to meet the clients specified requirements, desired timeframe and budget.
- Commercial, agricultural, and farm sheds designed for all requirements – talk to us about your time frame, budget and requirements.
- Retaining walls - timber, stone, gabion, preset concrete, concrete construction, designed to suit requirements or specification.
- Concrete silage pit construction
High quality work and cost-effective solutions tailored to your requirements. SouthRoads are experienced at dairy farm conversions from effluent ponds to levelling sites, dairy lanes and more. Our teams have extensive local experience, knowledge of conditions and deliver on project requirements. If you want earth moved, we will do it.
- Bulk excavation
- Dairy lane earthworks
- Siteworks for dairy sheds, wintering barns, yards and more
- Levelling sites for water tanks or inground septic tanks and effluent systems
- Earthworks for irrigation systems
- Water storage ponds and dams
- For effluent and water treatment facilities
- Silage pits
SouthRoads are experts in drainage, providing rural drainage solutions including design, earthworks, construction, and maintenance to clients throughout Otago and Southland. We have a large team of experienced staff; qualified in drain-laying and water reticulation able to, identify and trouble solve problems, work on greenfield installations, or replacement project works, large or small.
- Effluent Ponds – designed specifically to meet farmers requirements and the environmental demands of modern farming.
- Farm water schemes
- Dam and storage pond construction
- Culvert and drainage systems
- Sump cleaning - Regular sump cleaning will reduce flood risk, we can run regular sump cleaning programmed to each site requirements.
SouthRoads recognise that part of our success is due to the diverse locations of our aggregates, which are supplied from over 130 separate sites throughout Southland and Otago. This means that we are capable of providing a diverse range of products that can be tailored specifically to your project requirements. These include pit run gravel, shot rock, white stone to blue crushed good fine gravel to coarse gravel, to gravel plans specifically for your requirements. You want it, we’ll source it.
- Dairy farm conversions, lane construction, and maintenance – usually rotten rock, volcanic rock, limestone or crusher dust.
- Forestry roading/ farm roads aggregates
Contact your local SouthRoads office today to discuss your requirements.