Mapping and Surveying
Your contractor of choice across Otago and Southland, we are your only local Ground Penetrating Radar in Southland and have certified staff for drones or Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs).
Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
Get better peace of mind and a more accurate picture of your project with SouthRoads.
With almost 30 years of experience in Otago and Southland, SouthRoads offers Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) services, used mostly for locating underground services in a non-invasive way. Find pipes and other underground utilities before groundwork takes place. Often used by schools, airports, universities, and commercial businesses, GPR minimises the risk of damaging gas pipes, stormwater or water pipes during groundworks, limiting the impact and disruption to your project and the community. GPR ensures information from the sub-surface is located accurately, taking out the guesswork and not relying on sometimes inaccurate title file or site records.
Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) applications include:
- Detecting Reinforcing – structure scanning
- Locating sinkholes and voids
- Locating Underground Storage Tanks (UST)
- Evaluating roads and pavements
- As-built verification
- Locating utilities – live and old
- Infrastructure maintenance
- Research, exploration, and archaeological surveys
Drone Mapping and Surveys
Achieve more with your site by obtaining up-to-date accurate data that is current, no matter the terrain.
Drone or Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) are the ideal tool for obtaining current data and information for your surveying and mapping project needs. UAV use is a no brainer for those hard-to-reach locations or unsafe sites such as quarries, steep or unstable slopes and erosion zones. You can also complete work in a fraction of the time on accessible land with a UAV, rather than using traditional on-ground methods.
UAV’s provide you with the correct information from the beginning so planning and execution of your project runs more smoothly, is more cost-effective long term and gives peace of mind from start to finish. Reach locations which are complex, dangerous or irregular and mitigate the risks where safety is an issue.
A selection of drone and UAV’s applications include:
- Calculate volumes accurately and quickly on your construction site including project site progress reports.
- Check your stock health and stockpile volumes for inventory
- To survey and map land
- Survey to protect the job site from theft or vandalism
- Annotating images and maps for easier communication with crews
- Aerial Imagery
- Slip and erosion monitoring
- Asset inspections
SouthRoads are currently in the process of approval for Part 102 Unmanned Aircraft Operator Certification. To give you confidence that SouthRoads has qualified pilots that have the required knowledge and skills to operate safely.
Our UAV surveying technology includes:
- High-definition cameras
- Multispectral cameras
- Multi-return LiDAR
- 3D meshes
- GPS referenced point clouds
Our aerial surveying file formats include:
- AutoCAD for in-house use
- Point Cloud: LAS, LAZ, PLY, XYZ, RCP
- 3D Textured Mesh: PLY, FBX, DXF, OBJ, Zipped OBJ, 3D PDF
- Orthomosaic: GeoTIFF, JPG, PDF
- Contour Lines: SHP, PDF, DXF