Consent - Mataura Bridge cleaning
A summary of the intended purpose of the consent is covered below, however for the full consent requirements, please contact Mike Brazil on 027 453 3309.
Purpose – Using scaffolding for cleaning bridges and discharging water and contaminants to the Mataura River on SH1 at Gore and SH93 at Mataura
- Notify the Environment Southland's Manager of Environmental Compliance in writing, on commencement and upon completion of each block of maintenance works
- If any oil or fuel contamination of watercourse contact Mike immediately for futher info
- Mitigate the discharge of contaminants by containing the blasting and preparation areas within plastic sheeting,
- Remove all construction equipment and any debris from the works, including any cleaning residues, on completion of the works
- If artefacts of any sort are found work must stop immediately, and contact Mike for further info